We all love a delicious drink, don’t we? Be it a classic mocktail or a morning smoothie; drinks are the best way to rejuvenate! If you are a health freak or a regular gym-goer, you might be a little cautious about the calorie intake or the ingredients involved. What if we tell you that you can make your favorite drinks with branched-chain amino acids and get the best of both worlds? Yep, you read it right; we are here to help you make delicious drinks that taste like a paradise that too with health benefits.
But first, let’s learn a little about BCAAs and their benefits.
What are BCAAs, and Why Should you Consume Them?
BCAAs or branched-chain amino acids, consist of three essential amino acids, namely valine, leucine, and isoleucine. These are metabolized by the body and used as a source of energy for muscle growth. BCAAs help you rebuild and repair your muscles for a better recovery. Other than that, the following are the benefits of consuming amino acids supplements –
- BCAAs can help decrease muscle soreness after a workout as they reduce muscle damage. They decrease protein breakdown during exercise and help speed up the recovery time.
- They can alter levels of certain brain chemicals, such as serotonin, which may be useful in dealing with exercise-inducing fatigue.
- When you buy amino acids supplements, they can prevent the breakdown of protein in certain populations with muscle wasting.
- BCAAs protect from liver cancer and is beneficial for people with liver disease.
Delicious Drink Recipes with BCAA Supplements
The following three recipes are varied in flavors and super simple to make.
- Orange Pina Colada Smoothie
Who doesn’t love a fresh fruit smoothie first thing in the morning, right? All you have to do is blend the following ingredients with some ice.
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- ½ cup orange juice
- One scoop of BCAA powder (as per choice)
This drink contains around 144 calories and can be enjoyed on a hot summer day!
Pro Tip – If you are buying a BCAA powder for this drink, go for an orange-flavored one for the best taste.
- Raspberry Lemon Mojito
Hello mojito lovers, this one is for you! A BCAA drink with the lemon-raspberry duo? Your drink can’t get better than this.
What you need –
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup mint leaves
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 FL oz water
- One scoop BCAA powder of choice
Mix the raspberries and mint leaves with 8 oz water and stir in BCAAs. Pour over ice and enjoy your mojito with friends. One serving of this mojito contains around 121 calories.
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl
If you are into healthy eating or are a fruit lover, smoothie bowls are your best friend. This smoothie bowl can be made in minutes and can be relished with lots of fruit toppings.
- ½ cup strawberries
- ½ cup banana
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- One scoop of BCAA powder of your choice
Add ice and blend the above ingredients until thick. This smoothie bowl contains around 125 calories, and you can also top it with your favorite fruits & seeds to make it look aesthetically appealing!
Try these recipes the next time you are hosting a get-together with friends or for a relaxing day with yourself. You can also customize these drinks by switching the given fruits with your favorite ones. We can bet you will enjoy these delectable drinks. If you want to buy amino acids supplements online, you can check us out at www.hyperfreaknutrition.com and choose among our different flavor options. Happy drinking!