The bodybuilding trend has caught up with almost everyone and has become a lifestyle. When we talk about bodybuilding and constructing muscles, we hear about the acronym EAA. But do you know what EAA supplements are and what do they exactly do? If you are considering buying an EAA supplement, you should read our article before making a decision. We will provide you with all the details you need to know about EAAs and their benefits.
What Exactly are EAA Supplements?
EAAs are amino acids composed of nitrogen, carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen. These compounds are used by our bodies to make proteins that help to break down food, repair body tissues, and perform many other important functions.
Do you know your body needs about 20 different amino acids to function properly? Out of these 20, nine are considered “essential,” and thus, they get the name essential amino acids (EAAs). These nine amino acids can’t be produced by our bodies, and they need to be absorbed in the form of dietary proteins and supplements. When you buy amino acids supplements, you get these nine amino acids which provide the following benefits –
- Phenylalanine is a precursor for the neurotransmitter tyrosine, dopamine, epinephrine, and norepinephrine and helps in producing other amino acids.
- Valine is one of the three branched-chain amino acids that you can consume by buying amino acid supplements online. It helps in regeneration and energy production.
- Leucine is another branch-chained amino acid that helps in protein synthesis and muscle repair.
- Isoleucine, the third branch-chained amino acid, is important for muscle metabolism and proper immune function.
- Threonine is a part of structural protein, an essential component for skin and connective tissues.
- Tryptophan is needed to maintain proper nitrogen balance and helps regularize your sleep and mood.
- Methionine helps in detoxification, and tissue growth and helps absorb selenium, thus, keeping you healthy.
- Lysine plays a major role in protein synthesis and the production of collagen and elastin, while Histidine is vital for immune response and sleep-wake cycles.
As you can see, the nine essential amino acids provide benefits when added to your daily routine. These benefits include – boosting mood and sleep, better athletic performance, promoting weight loss, tissue repair & nutrient absorption, preventing muscle loss, and aiding in protein synthesis.
Since the body doesn’t naturally produce EAAs, you need a healthy, balanced diet with these supplements for the best results. You can buy EAA supplements online from www.hyperfreaknutrition.in in three delightful flavors and pair them with the following protein sources to fulfill your body’s requirements.
- Poultry & Eggs
- Dairy Products
Buy EAA online in India as a pre and post-workout supplement for managing weight and boosting your mood.
While EAAs are beneficial in a lot of ways, BCAAs are also an important part of the picture. Our muscles are responsive to amino acids for up to 48 hours after we exercise, which makes amino acid supplements the mainstay of so many fitness freaks.
According to a recent study, consuming 5.6 grams of BCAAs post a strength-training session increases muscle protein synthesis by 22%.
EAAs v/s BCAAs – Which is Better?
Before we compare the two amino acid proponents, let’s understand what BCAAs are. Branching-chain amino acids (BCAAs) comprise leucine, valine, and isoleucine, which are three essential amino acids for protein synthesis, decomposition prevention, and many other health benefits. BCAA supplements help in reducing muscular fatigue and improve muscle & joint healing.
While we compare EAAs with BCAAs, the following points should be considered –
- When you buy an EAA supplement, you get all nine essential amino acids, while the BCAA supplement offers only three branch-chained amino acids.
- EAAs make up all the necessary amino acids, but BCAA has aliphatic side chains with a single middle carbon atom connected to at least three more carbon atoms.
- EAAs have a remarkable protein synthesis response which is not on the same level in BCAA supplements.
- Histidine, one of the nine amino acids which is absent in BCAA supplements, makes them less effective in boosting immunity.
- BCAAs are more effective than EAAs in preventing muscle fatigue in the human body.
Final Words Both supplements have pros and cons, but one can choose the best product depending on their needs. Both supplements are similar in price yet offer different purposes. The real difference is what a consumer wants from a particular supplement, which makes for the final decision. You can choose to buy EAA supplements online if you eat a vegan diet, and you can go for BCAA supplements for other reasons. It is a matter of preference between the two products, which lies in the hand of the consumer.